Re: TB: repeat bloom today

While that's a lovely flower, I'm fairly certain
it's not Butterfly Wings. If you're a HIPS member,
there are a couple of good pictures of Butterfly Wings
on that site.

The Butterfly Wing's I'm familiar with has light
blue standards, and the veins on the falls go all
the way to the rim of the petals.

Whatever it is, it's nice of it to bloom in June!

Jean Richter
SF bay area, zone 9

Donald Eaves wrote:
> Here's the latest, and surely the last, repeat bloom in this strange year.
> This is the historic 'Butterfly Wings'.  A very strange year.  Repeat bloom
> was not just attempted, but the stalks were successful in achieving bloom.
> If there are any other stalks coming, I haven't spotted them.  I think this
> will be the end.  Just amazing to have an iris blooming on June 19.
> Donald Eaves
> donald@eastland.net
> Texas Zone 7b, USA

the control of the moderator of this list.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: