Re: What kind of Iris is this?

  • Subject: Re: What kind of Iris is this?
  • From: Jean Richter <richter@eecs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:52:25 -0700

Based on the photo, I think it's more likely to be some sort
of I. pallida rather than Sierra Blue - Sierra Blue is closer to
true blue rather than lavender. However, there are a *lot* of
historic iris with this basic color scheme - it can be very
difficult to tell them apart.

"blue flag" works for me :-)

SF bay area, zone 9

Crabtree, Angela Jean wrote:
> I have had these irises for over 15 years.  They love to sit on the top
> of the ground and do not need any care.  They were transplanted from my
> grandmother-in-law’s house.  I do not know where she got them or what
> they are.  She always called them flags.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> Angela J. Crabtree
> Outreach Coordinator
> H. H. Gregg Center for Professional Selling
> Department of Marketing and Management
> Miller College of Business, Ball State University
> phone (765) 285-5136
> fax       (765) 285-4315
> http://www.bsu.edu/salescenter

the control of the moderator of this list.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: