Re: HYB: Stalk-input please

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Stalk-input please
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 02:25:43 -0000

Don't forget the kajillion variables.

>I'ld have to say that Beau Zam is
> not doing well in the stalk department in my garden anyway; blooms
> popping off, branches down in the fan, short-especially by
> to this seedling.

Doesn't necessarily mean the branching effect is not there. Just
that other things may be there that interfere. That's the trouble
with evaluating it. It's not really a bloom thing. It would take
acres of plants grown to provide enough data to test it. Who's going
to do that? For a trait that is completely separate from the
appearance of the bloom? Not gonna happen. Most of the work in the
area consists of warm-blooded mammals - like horses, or people. That
may not translate directly to plants even though it could be useful.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA