Re: HYB: Stalk-input please

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Stalk-input please
  • From: "flatnflashy" <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 01:50:03 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "donald" <donald@...> wrote:

I think I comprehend what you are saying about the mitochondrial
DNA... you're saying that you think the mother contributes more to
the structure of the plant? Well, I'ld have to say that Beau Zam is
not doing well in the stalk department in my garden anyway; blooms
popping off, branches down in the fan, short-especially by comparison
to this seedling.

An odd thought went through my head... My father once said to me RE:
horses that he thought the color always came from the sire. I
chalked it off a bit because he's really a computer geek... but he
does come from good farming stock. And as far as that goes, the
horse people I've been around always want the mare to throw body
type... Anyway, maybe that notion will translate just a bit to
irises. I'll have to study on it.

I'ld hate to have to re-evaluate my evaluations based on new
data....oh well.