RE: HYB: 033O6

I like it, Griff.  The colors remind me of Decadence which bloomed here for the first time this year and disappointed me with short stalks and clumped blossoms that faded in the sun.  I like the tall irises.  They are the ones you can’t overlook in the garden.  That one is a show stopper.  Introduce it.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

-----Original Message-----
From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of J. Griffin Crump
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 4:32 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: 033O6

Here's a seedling that has me in a quandary.  The color scheme is just about unique, the branching is good and the bud count is 7.  But, at 48" tall, it has to be staked, because, sooner or later, rain and wind will make it lean or fall.  Also, its very size means that it has to have extra space in the garden.  The question is, with those demerits, should it be introduced?   --   Griff