Re: Little Help

  • Subject: Re: Little Help
  • From: "Christy Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:08:24 -0700

I've seen something similar in some Arilbred irises and a few MDBs and SDBs.
Especially since you mention that every seedling in this cross shows this effect, I'm leaning toward the conclusion that this is an inherited trait, possibly carried as a recessive in both parents. It seems that some pigments are temperature sensitive and react by darkening.
I find it an added point of interest if it compliments the overall effect of the plant in bloom.
Christ Hensler