SHOW: Best Specimen 'Rare Treat'
  • Subject: SHOW: Best Specimen 'Rare Treat'
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:34:25 -0400

Okay! Was anyone wondering when I'd send along the best specimen winner?

Here's 'Rare Treat', the best specimen of our 66th Annual Iris Show.

Del and his wife, Ruth, had been through a rough year in general. Winning with 'Rare Treat' was DEFINITELY a highlight for his spirit!

(Schreiner's, R. 1987) Sdlg. S 796-W. TB, 34" (86 cm), EM
Ruffled white ground plicata, 1/4" cornflower blue (HCC 742) stitching around edge of S. and F.; blue (742) beard. Blue Staccato X N 1180-3: (Quiet Times x Socialite). Schreiner's 1987. HM 1989, AM 1992 .

JPEG image

Rare Treat
Best Specimen of Show, 2010. Tall Bearded iris 'RARE TREAT' grown by Del Gifford of Luzerne.