Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:40 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] HYB: T5: timofejewii X variegata

I was afraid I'd lost this cute little species hybrid to the weeds, but found a few pieces still alive and one bloomstalk. I got it years ago from Terry Varner's OHIO GARDENS. I think he'd gotten it from France??? From Jean Peyrard??? Maybe someone who knows could confirm that.
Anyway, it's been a fun breeder and I just noticed today that it smells an awful lot like root beer.
I took pictures indoors with flash and outdoors and neither one REALLY shows how neat this little one is... here are both pictures anyway.