Rules for English Boxes at Iris Shows [1 Attachment]

We had one English Box at our Iris Show (had iris not all of the same type) and it was called “Classes of Iris” - photo attached.

It was brought up after the show that the AIS website says this:

"Five or six irises, all the same type (TB, SDB, Siberian, etc.) are displayed in the box and must be correctly identified by name. Use a 3" X 5" card for this and place card on box at center edge. If only five irises are displayed, place card over sixth vial. Follow closely, any requirements written in the Show Schedule. Keep iris sizes similar, unless otherwise required, and pay attention to color coordination.

Is this a hard and fast rule, or can an iris grower do any theme they choose and any selection of iris to go along with the theme, as long as the show chair approves?

Just wanted some clarification for next year.  Since we rarely see an English Box in our shows, perhaps the rules have been relaxed to encourage more of these exhibits.

Thanks, Peggy Harger-Allen
Zone 5