- Subject: [iris-photos] virus alert
- From: "Nancy Price" email@example.com
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:47:13 -0600
The following message was sent to me from a
friend whom had emailed me
and sure enough I
little............. This only takes a minute to check and see if your
computer is infected.
Very simple to do.....just the follow the clear
address book was infected with a virus by someone who
had me in his/her address book and as a result so has yours, because your
address is in my book.
The virus is called JDBGMGR.EXE and is not
detected by Norton or McAfee anti-virus programs. It sits quietly for 14 days
before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the
address book, whether or not you send emails. I AM REALLY SORRY ABOUT THIS,
HOWEVER, the good news is it is really easy to get rid of it.
1. Go to "start" button in lower left corner. Click
on it and then move your pointer up to "find" or "search."
2. Click on
"find" or "search" and move over to "files or folders" and click on
3. A new window will open. Type in the top space the name
"JDBGMGR.EXE". Move your pointer to the bottom white space and make sure it is
set to search your "C" drive (or whatever your main drive designation
4. Click "find" or "search" to begin the
5. The virus has a Teddy Bear logo with the name
6. DO NOT OPEN...DO NOT OPEN!!!!!!
7. RIGHT click on
the logo and point and click on "delete" on the window that opens.
to the recycle bin on your desktop and right click on it and then click on empty
9. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT EVERYONE IN YOUR
To Do this:
1. Open a new
2. Click the icon of the address book next to the
3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
4. Copy the message,
enter subject and paste to email, and send
REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO DO THIS
Frank Williams - Fisch
- KSYN 92.5, KJMK 93.9
On-air Personality - KSYN 92.5
1309 S. Monroe
Joplin, MO 64801
|Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.