VIRUS WARNING HOAX

  • Subject: [iris-photos] VIRUS WARNING HOAX
  • From: John Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:22:20 -0800

THIS VIRUS WARNING IS A HOAX. (and an old one at that, making the rounds again)

Visit:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

Always, always, always visit one of the anti-virus websites to check on a virus warning before taking any action or forwarding warning messages. I know we mean well, but always check.

John

Nancy Price wrote:
The following message was sent to me from a friend whom had emailed me
and sure enough I
found the little.............  This only takes a minute to check and see if your computer is infected.
Very simple to do.....just the follow the clear instructions

address book was infected with a virus by someone who had me in his/her address book and as a result so has yours, because your address is in my book.

The virus is called JDBGMGR.EXE and is not detected by Norton or McAfee anti-virus programs. It sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address book, whether or not you send emails. I AM REALLY SORRY ABOUT THIS, HOWEVER, the good news is it is really easy to get rid of it.

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society