Re: TB: Foliage of Zebra

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Foliage of Zebra
  • From: Margie Valenzuela IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:57:01 -0700

Hi Randy,

I received it named: Zebra iris - through another irisarian friend of mine. (I guess there is always the possibility that it is misnamed, but I don't think so).

I decided to pot it up and place it in the pond, because it never performed very well for me in the ground. I felt like it was wasting space by not blooming every year.  So I thought....................maybe it just needs more water than it gets on the drip.....................so why not try this?  If it doesn't perform much better in the pond .......................I may just end up getting rid of it all together.  The potted Zebra has been sitting in the pond for about 5 months now.  Possibly because it's SO arid here - sitting in the pond may not be as detrimental.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net