Re: Borer Control

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Borer Control
  • From: "Katherine Cordes" <acordes@freeway.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:28:16 -0500

Hi Jean.

I have only found 3 borers in my iris gardens.  I, too, live in zone
4.5 (4b) and have about 100 (and growing. . .) known Bearded
Cultivars.  Hopefully I won't see to many, but as I understand it
(correct me please, someone) borer eggs survive winter in rubbish and
dead weeds/iris leaves from the previous year.  If you can keep the
mulch/dead stuff out of the garden, you probably can keep the borer
problem down.

I hope to burn my tons of rubbish this spring after the snow leaves.
But you say this doesn't work for you?? Oh, boy, then maybe there is no
hope for me!

maybe i'm not awating spring so much after all. . .

Adam Cordes
Hillman, Michigan
Region 6
Zone 4.5

> Okay, you guys, here is the question:  What do you do for borer
> control?  I saw where one of you said you burn.  I do that too AND
> have used cygon. Also what zones are you in.  I am 4b.
> Jean

> Yahoo! Groups Links

CoreComm Webmail.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor