CAT: Gilbert H. Wild & Son

  • Subject: [iris-photos] CAT: Gilbert H. Wild & Son
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:58:48 -0500

Just to make sure the record is set straight:  I was in error.
Late summer 2001 a lengthy thread developed on Iris-talk concerning a holding company (Foster & Gallagher) that had bought up a substantial number of old, reliable good companies including Starks Nursery, Michigan Bulb, Spring Hill, Guerney's and quite a long list of other well known names.  Foster & Gallagher declared bankruptsy in Delaware, but some of the properties were bought up by people who put them back in business and set out to reestablish the good name those companies had once sustained.
Greg Jones owns Gilbert H. Wild & Son, and neither he nor Wilds were listed among those involved in the Foster & Gallagher disaster.  The Gilbert H. Wild & Son company has had many very satisfied customers, especially with their peony and daylily businesses.  There are always those who register negative comments and complaints but those few are far outweighed by the positive remarks made about this firm.
I will continue, however, to urge and suggest to anyone interested in good buys in irises to go to those who specialize in iris and offer extraordinary service, such as those I mentioned--Superstition Gardens, Suttons, etc.  The quality, service and reliability of these firms cannot be beat, and their bargains have no compare.
Neil Mogensen   z 7  western NC

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Yahoo! Groups Links