Re: [IRIS-PHOTOS] TB: BLACK SUITED

  • Subject: Re: [IRIS-PHOTOS] TB: BLACK SUITED
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerry.snyder@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:31:59 -0800

Michael wrote:

> The very blackest of the the black iris we grow. The photo has been
> lightened considerably to see the velvety texture and other details. I
> hope some of you photographers out there can figure out how to
> photograph this black on black iris and do it justice.

Short answer--you can't.

Longer answer: use a much darker background to reduce contrast. The
camera will increase the exposure, since it tries to make every scene of
the same brightness. You could also increase exposure manually.

If you do that you will have more detail available in the image of the
bloom. But it won't look black.

So maybe post two images--one showing the blackness and one showing detail.

Gerry

Yahoo! Groups Links