Re: TB: Pond Lily

In a message dated 3/13/2004 3:28:24 PM Central Standard Time, kittencampi@earthlink.net writes:

The best picture of POND LILY  I have ever seen

POND LILY came here via a trade. I requested it at a time it was gettin' kicked pretty hard in print by some. A Southen Californian for whom's opinion I have much respect  gave it a sad rating then also.

POND LILY has become a much appreciated aquisition here since then. It would be easy enough to criticize for the slightly open or somewhat short standards. Me? I like it. I like the calming effect of the pastel colors, the combination of colors present, the smooth trasition of one into the other. Increase has been 7x. The branching passes, the stalk is strong nor has it ever fallen over. But, as much, I like the big fat style arms.

While the style arms do not immediatly remind me of my wife, I do confess to liking all irises all the time.

Bill Burleson, new zone 8

Yahoo! Groups Links