RE: TB: Pond Lily

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] TB: Pond Lily
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:11:59 -0700

Pond Lily is one of the three very best irises I grow here in the valley of the red-hot sun.  It doesn’t rot.  It doesn’t pineapple.  It blooms faithfully, and I have never seen a poor stalk or flower on it.  I think it’s a much better iris than its half sibling, Celebration Song and much more deserving of the Dykes.  At least it is for me.

I have one nice seedling from it already and about fifty more to look forward to seeing next year.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9