Iris Discussions

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Iris Discussions
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:17:37 -0800

Over the last several months there have been several indepth
discussions on iris-photos that have arisen out of a picture posted to
that list. I have no desire to suppress that kind of discussion, but a
lot of the discussion would be appropriate for iris@hort.net.  Many
people on iris@hort would be interested in these discussions but for
various reasons choose not to subscribe to iris-photos.

So I would ask this:

If you want to get into a discussion about something (Germanica is a
good example) how about at least cross posting your messages to
iris@hort.net. Once a message is addressed that way, clicking "Reply to
All"  instead of just "Reply" will take care of posting to both lists.

The membership on iris@hort is larger and you are likely to get a
broader range of responses as well. Additionally, getting the messages
into the archives of iris@hort are more reliable than messages coming
from iris-photos@yahoogroups.com