Re: Iris Discussions

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Iris Discussions
  • From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:46:49 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately I am not a member of hortnet. I try to keep my answers brief. I realize that is a better place for discussions, but the delete key is always available,

John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com> wrote:

Over the last several months there have been several indepth
discussions on iris-photos that have arisen out of a picture posted to
that list. I have no desire to suppress that kind of discussion, but a
lot of the discussion would be appropriate for iris@hort.net.  Many
people on iris@hort would be interested in these discussions but for
various reasons choose not to subscribe to iris-photos.

So I would ask this:

If you want to get into a discussion about something (Germanica is a
good example) how about at least cross posting your messages to
iris@hort.net. Once a message is addressed that way, clicking "Reply to
All"  instead of just "Reply" will take care of posting to both lists.

The membership on iris@hort is larger and you are likely to get a
broader range of responses as well. Additionally, getting the messages
into the archives of iris@hort are more reliable than messages coming
from iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

John                | "There be dragons here"
                          |  Annotation used by ancient cartographers
                          |  to indicate the edge of the known world.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Director, American Iris Society

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending: