Re: Combining Lists

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Combining Lists
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:19:08 -0800

On Mar 18, 2004, at 9:03 AM, Patricia Wenham wrote:

>  Perhaps we might want the lists combined?  There seems little
> difference between the photo list and a combined list.  I belong to
> both and just use the delete button when I want to skip the discussion
> but often people forget to change the subject line so I probably miss
> things but sometimes time is a factor that takes precedence.

The reason I split the lists in the first place was so that people that
have slow modem lines wouldn't have to spend the time downloading the
photographs. I know there are other ways to avoid some of those issues,
but enough people were complaining about the time it took to download
and delete the photo posts that I created the iris-photos list.

It has over most of its life worked pretty well.  I know some people
that are mining the photo archives to create an online catalog. (ASI)