Re: I. versicolor

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] I. versicolor
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerry.snyder@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:43:27 -0800

Hensler wrote:

> Gerry,
> You wouldn't happen to have a photo of JW?
> I looked up the description in the Checklist and it sounds luscious but I
> would have thought that black stems were more common to I. robusta
> (versicolor-virginica).

Yes, I do, but the stems here have not been as noticeable as in other
gardens where I have seen it. Not to mention that the bloom hides most
of the stem anyway.

Gerry Snyder
AIS Director, Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair
in warm, winterless Los Angeles -- USDA zone 9b, Sunset 18-19

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image