Re: Re: Guest Bed Visitors

  • Subject: Re: Re: [iris-photos] Guest Bed Visitors
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:32:11 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:32:11 -0700

     They're cute, but cute wears off really fast when they destroy everything in your yard (and acres of land around it too), you can't figure out how to get rid of them without poisoning them (then you end up getting dogs, cats, coyotes, and everything else, and I don't want to do that), and you can't even keep them out.  At least the Jack Rabbits stay out of the yard.  These cute little bunnies breed faster than mice, and they'll eat everything (including the Irises, although that's a last choice when everything else is nearly gone).  Next option will probably be a 22, though I don't really like having fire-arms around either.

    Between drought, deer, rabbits, gophers, rats, mice, caterpillars, grasshoppers, wind, and cows, it's hard to keep anything alive around here.

     My 3 year old Son does enjoy watching the little bunnies romp and play, and he associates them with the Easter Bunny.  It is funny to watch them tease the dog (she can't catch them).  Makes it harder to get rid of them - a little bit anyway.

Dave
nr. Belen, NM

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here