Re: i. Albicans?

In a message dated 3/30/2004 2:34:56 PM Central Standard Time, colleen@impressiveirises.com.au writes:

Could anyone one give me an exact Description of the differences between i
albicans and I florentina.

I do not have the expertise to answer. While we wait for Pries, Mogensen or Ferguson to address the question perhaps you will find the following of interest. I stole it from the web once while chasing florentina information. Kindly avoid taking it as Gospel though. I did not go to church Sunday.

ORRIS ROOT: (Iris germanica var.florentina Orris root has a stout rhizome, swordlike leaves, and large, scented flowers in early summer that range in color from pale blue to white.

Magical Uses: The orris root has long been used to find and hold love. The whole orris root is carried, the powder is added to sachets, sprinkled on sheets, clothing and the body as well as around the house. Orris root powder is sometimes known as "Love Drawing Powder". Use for: Divination; Protection; Psychic Awareness.

As a point in passin' and under the headin' of creative ways to identify species:

I know with certainty I do not have florentina.

When I ground the rhizomes and sprinkled 'em on the bed they did not work at all. They instead made my wife livid! Nope, I'm positive I do not have florentina here.

The women species is easily identified..... just mess up the bed.

Smilin', rollin' in the floor, and sleepin' on the couch as often as not,
Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links