Re: Re: Re: Allbicans ?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Re: Allbicans ?
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:06:00 EST

In a message dated 3/31/2004 10:32:48 AM Central Standard Time, neilm@charter.net writes:

In more than two decades what we had that I thought was albicans never had a trace of a pod.

There are maybe a couple of thousand albicans here. I had watched them for ten years, had never seen a pod so reached the same conclusion as you. Too, like you, I had no great desire to produce progeny from the scraggly things. But proving Pries wrong? That's a different camel. Proving me wrong? Happens every day.

The Bad Bear Kramb that used to post here states on the SIGNA database web site they will rot and gives the conditions under which it happens (damp I think). I've never seen soft rot among the albicans here... with their rate of increase it might be considered a beneficial pathogen if it did attack.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links