Re: Re: Re: Allbicans ?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Re: Allbicans ?
  • From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:08:07 -0800 (PST)

Bill; It shouldn?t be hard to prove me wrong. My wife tells me I am wrong at least twice every day. Nonetheless it is hard to prove a negative. I believe with all my heart and soul that it would be very, very difficult to get a cross with Iris albicans. But one just can?t say it is always sterile or you have to pick the argument with three dead, famous Irisarians. Bliss in 1919 registered ?Berenice? as a cross between albicans and trojana, Countess Senni registered ?Galeata? in 1939 as albicans X ?Apache? and Jean Stevens had a cross of ?Wanganui Gem? said to be a cross of Iris lutescens x albicans. Since I have long since given up on interrogating dead people, I just have to take their words for it. Actually none of these people ever registered these crosses but they where registered for them. It may be possible that communication failed. Since I have tried very hard to switch this discussion off photos and have been rudely lured back, I assume that I am absolved from the guilt of saying something without a photo attached.