Re: Re: Some Iris photos for Catherine3

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Re: Some Iris photos for Catherine3
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 05:50:05 -0800 (PST)

Actually that concrete block is part of a makeshift
raised bed for roses (and weeds ;o) that has been
there for probably 10 years now. Last season I had
rescued the few remaining 'Golden Child' rhizomes from
their years of total neglect. They were soon to be
completely smothered by surrounding vegetation.
'Golden Child' has been one of the only irises that
reblooms for me (in spite of neglect).
Anyway, to make the long story short. I had just read
that fanless old rhizomes would make growth, but only
if planted very deep. So, in addition to the fans I
planted in pots; for kicks, I dropped this old fanless
one in the cinder block and heaped soil in on top.
As you can see, it DID grow just fine.
Now how will I get it out??????
Maybe just keep heaping on soil and let it grow to the
surface ;o)
Take care, Tom

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

Yahoo! Groups Links