photo file names

  • Subject: [iris-photos] photo file names
  • From: "Harold Peters" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:35:59 -0800

My wife bought me a digital camera for Christmas and I am just starting to learn how to use it. Some  irises are already in bloom.
I save a number of photos off the robin after adding the name of the photographer to the file name. This task is made easier and with a higher confidence in a correct name if the photographer changes the digital camera file label to the name of the cultivar before posting the image. Most images are edited in some way before posting so changing the name should only take a few seconds. Having the cultivar name on the stored file will also make the archives more useful.
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762