PHOTO:photo file names

  • Subject: [iris-photos] PHOTO:photo file names
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:19:00 -0500

Harold, when I download one of those cryptic file names the camera and associated software uses for tags, I just go ahead and rename, then add the source, usually the photographer.  Often the names on-line contain information, like pixel width or more, which isn't needed for the file at this end.  I strip off the excess info.

I learned to do this when I discovered I might want to do more than just look at the file.  At least with the name I can ask permisssion if there's reason to pass the file on to someone, or post it or perhaps even ask for permission to publish it (with the photograph's owner acknowled and "Used by permission").

Neil Mogensen

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=978473918