Re: PHOTO:photo file names

I like Neil's approach. It allows each individual to store any "keeper"
photos in a way that suits them rather than imposing a renaming scheme
on all posters that doesn't work for everyone. I personally have a
Margie folder for all her lovely photographs cause I am too lazy to add
her name to every single one....

Neil A Mogensen wrote:

> Harold, when I download one of those cryptic file names the camera
> and associated software uses for tags, I just go ahead and rename,
> then add the source, usually the photographer.  Often the names
> on-line contain information, like pixel width or more, which isn't
> needed for the file at this end.  I strip off the excess info.
> I learned to do this when I discovered I might want to do more than
> just look at the file.  At least with the name I can ask permisssion
> if there's reason to pass the file on to someone, or post it or
> perhaps even ask for permission to publish it (with the photograph's
> owner acknowled and "Used by permission").
> Neil Mogensen

Catherine Button    Network Administrator and corporate irritant
cathy@pavcal.com    Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444  Fax: 609-518-3720

Yahoo! Groups Links