Re: Re: Re: REF: checklist

  • Subject: Re: Re: Re: REF: checklist
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:21:21 -0700

Well, all I can tell you is this.

A: Your name is fixed, at least it appears so at this end. I edited the character on line.

B: Prior to the last upload (Feb) we were having problems with the fonts and foreign character sets. I get the text from the Registrar's database in a tabbed text file. (actually several different files). In order to conform to the rules for the irisregister database, I have to separate out some of the entries and add information for others.  (e.g., Prior year registrations, reserved names). I used to use Word and Excel to manipulate the information, but we discovered that using any Microsoft software mangled all the special (accented) foreign characters. As long as I stay away from MS applications most problems are not problems any longer.

C: However I am finding that some characters are still a problem either coming out of the database or in the upload process.

Please let me know of problems that you see. We are trying to make things better, but it is not always a straight forward solution.