Re: Ron Busch 2009 introductions

  • Subject: Re: Ron Busch 2009 introductions
  • From: "Terry Johnson" <tjatwork@orcon.net.nz>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 23:17:53 -0000

Hi Jan
Ron is downsizing due to age and has been encourage by a few people to
Introduce and register his incredible catalogue of Irises.The catalogue
is from years of Hybridizing and he has just started to introduce irises
again after years of not doing so due to what could diplomatically be
described as 'intramural politics'.
I am working with our Department of Agriculture to work out the
protocols for sending irises to the USA and then I hope to send some New
Zealand irises to a convention Garden for 2012
We are a day ahead always today is Saturday 12.10 pm so we are not
joking when we say' first to see the sun'
Thanks for you comments and I will pass them on to Ron as he does not
have a computer

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@...>
> Terry, Ron's intros look great. I especially loved the seedling
1983. It was a different pattern.
> New Zealand must be very different from the US. Besides the date on
the blog being a day ahead, I can't imagine any hybridizer here
introducing 40 irises in the same year! More power to him.
Unfortunately, unless someone here grows them for him, their import
prices have to be out of sight.
> Jan in Chatsworth CA
Blog Heritage Irises The pictures are scans of photos so not quite top