HYB: Iris variegata X Iris suaveolens var. rubromarginata
  • Subject: HYB: Iris variegata X Iris suaveolens var. rubromarginata
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 08:54:35 -0800 (PST)

Here's the second seedling from this cross to bloom indoors.

Iris variegata X Iris suaveolens var. rubromarginata.

It looks very much the first seedling that bloomed. There's still two more that haven't shown any signs of wanting to form increase fans or bloom.

I checked my previous years postings of first outdoor bloom - almost always VARDA GORGE - and it's usually the last days of April. Most of the rather early stuff doesn't open until May here. So blooms inside in February and March have been very welcome!