Re: AIS: TWiki update and INVITATION

In a message dated 3/16/2010 12:23:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lauriefr@localnet.com writes:
Hello Iris Lovers!

On behalf of our fearless Twiki project leader, Bob Pries, and the rest
of the Twiki team, I'd like to invite you all to come see the amazing
progress we've made AND invite you all to sign up for uploading access
to the Twiki and start CONTRIBUTING your photos and comments!  You can
sign up for your FREE access here:

You do NOT have to be a docent in order to contribute your content to
existing Twiki pages, but you do have to sign up for uploading access.
If, however, you want to be able to add new Twiki pages or edit
existing content, you do need to request to be made a docent.  You can
request docent status by contacting Bob Pries directly at

It's time to start taking the TWiki to the next level of participation
and THAT MEANS YOU!  We know that our most valuable contributions (not
to mention our most accurate proofreading) to the TWiki will come from
Iris Aficionados like you.  This is why we are inviting you NOW, before
we open the Twiki to the general public on the AIS website, to come and
add your photos and comments to Twiki iris pages.  This will help
create the resource that will WOW the public and bring more people into
our passion.

We now have about 14,000 iris cultivars of all classes represented with
their own pages in the Twiki (and more being added daily), including
most of the more current intros and many older irises.  This is only a
large drop in the bucket in terms of the total number of irises
registered with the AIS, but it's a mighty fine start.  Still, this is
very much a work in progress, so it's likely that you'll find some of
the iris pages to which you would like to contribute not yet created.
If you do encounter not-yet-created pages, please feel free to submit
them to Bob or to me and request that they be added.  We'll give them
priority for addition and get them up for you ASAP.  Please, however,
make sure the irises you request are not yet in the TWiki before
submitting them for addition.

While exploring the TWIki, you may very well stumble across typos or
other inaccuracies.  Please submit these to Bob or myself, as well, so
that corrections can be made.  The more eyes proofreading the TWiki,
the better!

We can't wait to see our iris community Twiki flourish and grow.  Be
part of the TWIki fun.  CONTRIBUTE YOUR CONTENT!!!

Happy irising, everybody,

One question Bob and Laurie - I am assuming all photos loaded are to be ones that the posting person took themselves and not ones taken by other people - is that correct?
I am really looking forward to viewing the "fruits of your labors" and thanks so much ror all the hard work the docents and Bob have put into this exciting project.
Rita Gormley