Re: re: CAT: no catalog, plants
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: re: CAT: no catalog, plants
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:16:55 -0400

<<some permanent ink fades faster than others.>>

Just worked in a bed that was planted during the summer of 2007.  Elmer's Paint Pens (fine point) was used.  All markers are fine at this time.  I have no shade so they are subjected to direct sun.

I did see an older label that was faded on the front but the back side was still readable.  Can't tell what was used back then.  The markers move with the plants when they are in good shape.  I use the rose markers/labels (metal) from Paw Paw Everlast in my permanent beds, and I do mark both sides just in case.  I use white vinyl blinds for most other jobs.
It's true that a # 2 pencil doesn't fade, but, for me, they are just about impossible to read from most positions.

Betty Wilkerson . . . my 3 cents!  Got to allow for inflation!  If a person has to work on such a beautiful day, you can't beat cleaning iris beds!  ;-)
Bridge In Time Iris Garden
South Central KY Zone 6
"Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true!"