Re: Re: HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Iris purpureobractea seedlings
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 04:24:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi again Pat.
I wanted to find these pictures for you yesterday but ran out of time.
These are the best expressions of PBF (purple based foliage) that I've seen so far among my diploid and tetraploid lines.

Diploid (24 chromosome type)
http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/apr08/msg00046.html

Tetraploid (48 chromosome type)
http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-photos/may10/msg00747.html

I'm hoping to ultimately have completely purple foliage, but it could be a long road to get there.
Thanks for your interest, Tom

P.S. I enjoyed your blog very much.