COMP: legitimate new virus alert

This appears to be a serious one folks, maybe like or worse than the Melissa Virus.  This virus is called something like VBS.LoveLetter, I am trying to get more information on this new virus at this time, I will forward that info when I can get it. In the mean time if you receive a mail item with anything like I Love You or an attachment that says something to the effect  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT delete the item. Do not pass go and do not forward it on.

At this time we have had 3 or 4 employees here who have received it. It has also been rumored that Microsoft has been shut down because of it. It seems the virus is Visual Basic Script and may possibly damage files and registry settings on your PC. It also appears to be propagated via the Outlook address book. It is so new, the virus scanners probably have not been updated for it yet.

 ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU RECEIVE THIS, DO NOT OPEN IT. DELETE THIS MESSAGE IMMEDIATELY from your mailbox AND trash folder.

Dell
Plano, TX zone 7/8

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/3863/0/_/503733/_/957453779/