Re: unknown blue ruffles

Hello, Chris,

I'd greatly appreciate your picture. I would love to be able to ID some of these
irises I've had for awhile. The iris in question definitely has the beard you
noticed - yellow to the inside and white towards the outside. Sometimes the
hairs on the white part of the beard even shade slightly to the blue around
them, especially after the bloom has been open a while. The bloom size is quite
large and the substance is very good, probably the best of the unknowns I have.
I've had that iris around for awhile - I remember planting it when my sons were
quite young - at least 15 years ago.

I am intrigued that it might be Babbling Brook, because my sons have told me
that I made up a story about a princess as we were planting them (and Palace
Gates rings a bell, ever heard of such a one?) based on the names of the irises
that I was planting at the time. They remember it clearly ...though not the
names  :-(
Babbling Brook would have been easy to work into the story (maybe if I can ID
all of them I can have a new story ready now for my grandson!)

Thanks again,
Bill Wells

http://click.egroups.com/1/3555/0/_/503733/_/957874699/