[PHOTO] No snakes my lady | Mon, 7 May 2001 22:14:20" />

[PHOTO] No snakes my lady

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] No snakes my lady
  • From: "Jim Murrain" <jimmurrain@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 20:54:41 -0500

   This odd iris is in a class by itself. Even tho in full bloom today it
will be dorment within three weeks and won't be seen again till mid fall.
It's common name in China is the "snake bane iris". When it's growing the
snakes stay away and only come out when it's dormant. OK boys and girls, can
we say I. anguifuga?

Jim Murrain ,Kansas City, Mo. Zone 5/6
Life member ,AIS , SIGNA  &
Greater Kansas City Iris Society
Member, Pony Express Iris Society

for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.sIrMC/YKfCAA/qvCFAA/GjZVlB/TM