[PHOTO] Kreighoff | Thu, 10 May 2001 21:04:20" />

[PHOTO] Kreighoff

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Kreighoff
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 22:02:29 -0400

This is maiden bloom (for me) of I. versicolor "Kreighoff" (T. Huber,
1993).  It's much more to my liking than "Between The Lines" which I
posted a few days ago.  I prefer the darker/bolder colors.  "Cat
Mousam" (a dark blue) is another favorite.  "Mysterious Monique" (a
near-black) is probably the most famous versicolor.

For more than a year I tried growing my versicolors in regular garden
beds side-by-side with the TBs but they really sulked and never
bloomed.  Then last year I put them in containers on the patio and
gave them lots of water and they grew like mad.  This year they are
rewarding me with lots of bloom.  (Kreighoff & Between The Lines
bloomed for the first time for me.)

I'm still awaiting bloom on "Mysterious Monique", "Cat Mousam", "John
Wood", and some unregistered seedlings.