Re: TB: Unknown Variegata

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@c...> wrote:
> I.D. help if possible:  Standards amber-tan, falls reddish violet
with brownish touch to hafts, old gold beard, ruffles and slight lace,
40", about M.
> This came out of a "rather pricey collection" per the woman who
passed it on to me, probably five to six years ago or so.  My guess is
that it was a Schreiner's collection, but might have been other.
PEKING SUMMER looks to be more finished than this--and I haven't found
a picture of Moldovan's GYPSY CARAVAN, which also has a similar
> This one looks rather dull in the garden.  The colors hardly
glow....Foliage has twists and curves to a moderate degree.  Stalk:
this year, here--two branches, seven buds.
> Anyone recognize it?

I think you have P T Barnam Meek 1979. Its pictured in Schreiner's
catalogues around 1989

Chuck Chapman