  • Subject: [iris-photos] I. MORAEA VS DIETES
  • From: "Francesca R Thoolen" <irisgirl2@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 07:03:36 -0700

Harold, That sounds familiar but I do believe that if this is so, it is
confusing because I. moraea and what is selling in nurseries as Dietes do
not look alike. The moraeas are delicate stemmed and are not very tall; but
the dietes are almost 3' tall and so far I have seen 2 colorings, one white
with lavender styles and the other light cream with dark brown spots on the
'falls'. I have the latter two  which grow like weeds. The other moraeas for
me were fussy and they did not last long.