Re: PHOTOS: HIST: Merrily's iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PHOTOS: HIST: Merrily's iris
  • From: cathycampi@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:01:49 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/01 4:56:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
doris1434@aol.com writes:

Kitty's files just come to me . . . strange. After downloading and locating,
I get a notepad message showing all the fonts, stops, etc. The screen also
shows a folder titled "Hard Drive."

Haven't seen that before usually The GIF's are named NSMAIL.JPG

when opened, it shows several GIF files

that appear to be graphics one could use in advertising or a presentation.
     Just curious. . .I hate to miss a picture!
They are exactly that.Ad Banners that the senders ISP adds. If you click on
one and go to the advertized site the ISP gets a couple cents. It may not
sound like much but multiplied by thousands it adds up. You should b safe
to delete all GIF files unless the name matches the Subject of the message.
Since they are multiple attachments AOL automatically compresses them into
Zip files. This also makes them harder to filter.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor