Re: help with an OLLLLLLLLLD Iris?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] help with an OLLLLLLLLLD Iris?
  • From: Pat Mitchell <corgilover@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:39:44 -0500

To James and Judy:  Sure looks like Dale Dennis!  I guess
the former owner's date was wrong at 1952.  That's okay, she
was old and near death when she passed along that info.
I'll forgive her.

Thank you VERY much for helping me.  I have another clump of
Intermediate beardeds from the same era that I'll be asking
for help with identifying as soon as they bloom.  She
planted them at the same location around the same time.

Both Dale Dennis and the Intermediates are amazingly
vigorous and hardy. I transplanted them from my old home to
my current home, and in the 4 years I've lived here, I've
divided them twice!  I've given away more of this iris than
any other type of flower.  I hope someone built a
hybridizing empire on the hardiness they possess!

Many thanks for your kindness in identifying my beauties.

Pat Mitchell
Zone 5 - SE Wisconsin - cooler and wetter than normal and oh
so dreary.

CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!