Re: Re: Dark Aura

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Dark Aura
  • From: "Judy Hunt" <judyhunt1@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:55:25 -0400

Thanks for the info, Laurie.  I sent it from Adobe ActiveShare.  It came through to me as a color 10% image.  Adobe ActiveShare is what I was sold to compress files for the internet. It does not do what I thought it did, though, as far as editing pics.  Think I need to either work in the Microsoft Photo Editor or purchase PhotoShop.

Hi Judy,

Your pic attached as a massive, pixellated, black and white image.  I
assume from the file name that this is from a digital camera rather
than a scanned print.  I'm not sure why it would have come through as
black and white - a setting in your camera, perhaps?  If you have such
a setting somewhere (camera or software), set it to RGB millions of
colors.  The size can be easily adjusted in your image editing
software (PhotoShop, PhotoDeluxe, etc) before sending.  I suggest you
reduce the physical size of your image to no more than 350 pixels in
height (your software will proportionately adjust the width).  DPI
should be 72 or 75.  Then save your resized image as a medium quality
jpeg.  That should give you a jpg image that will be viewable to the

Best of luck,

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor