Re: Helen Collingswood TB historic

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Helen Collingswood TB historic
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" clc@cherylleigh.com
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 21:33:01 -0400

This looks like HC to me, Bill. I have had it in my garden for years. It
came to me mislabeled as "Amigo", and even though a very kind lister pointed
out the error to me last summer, it's still called "Amigo" in my house and
is the subject of much discussion. Every year when an unlabeled iris sends
up a stalk and then buds, my mom says, "I bet it's that Amigo again," and
usually it is! I keep thinking that when the unknowns come up and they're
HC, that I should rip them out- except it's a pretty iris that I know I can
grow, so I keep it around.<G>

This year is no exception. Nothing has bloomed here yet, but it won't be
long now, and some unknowns that didn't bloom last year are going to have
buds this year. My mom and I are already sure they're all going to be Helen
Collingswood...

Cheryl Leigh
suburban Philly, zone 6