  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: GIANT MOHR
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 23:49:40 -0000

> This is the AB I have! I've been looking for the name for over 20
years! I've attached an image of it blooming last year.

Sure looks similar to me.
> I know identifying an iris from a photo is a big risk but there's
> I've seen remotely like it. The blooms are huge.... much too large
for the stems and I usually throw a tomato cage around it to keep
them upright.

Mine stood up ok.  Just leaned slightly after some near 30mph
winds.  Quite conceivably it won't always manage to stay upright.
It was tall to go with the bloom size.
> Does anyone know the parentage or know if there are any seedlings
from it?

The parentage is unknown.  According to some of the old ASI
Yearbooks I have, information was that it was bod pod and pollen
fertile.  So far as I know there have been no itroductions with this
in the background.  It does currently have a pod on it here.  I hope
it lives to maturity and produces viable seeds that germinate.  Time
will tell.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Get A Free Psychic Reading!