Re: Futuriste

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Futuriste
  • From: "Mike Sutton" suttons@lightspeed.net
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 07:12:57 -0700

Hello Mickey,
Futuriste is a 2002 Cayeux.  Probably only available from Cayeux in France.
We are building stock of it and it seems to grow well here, even so it will
be a few years until we can list it.   Cayeux has a very nice catalog,
similar to Schreiner's, and a web site at www.iris-cayeux.com .  On one of
the stalks that bloomed this year bud count was 5 but the other was 7 so I
think it probably will be a 7+ bud count iris after it adjusts.  Many, and I
mean many, garden visitors wanted it when they saw it.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- Janet Natale
<

That is undoubtedly the loveliest iris I've ever seen.  When was it
introduced and where can a purchase it?

Mickey Corley
Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma
Zone 5/6
We're still recovering from the tornado and expecting more severe weather
tonight.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/2gGylB/TM