[PHOTO] Iris albicans in FINLAND? | Mon, 19 May 2003 20:51:24" />

[PHOTO] Iris albicans in FINLAND?

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Iris albicans in FINLAND?
  • From: BigAlligator@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 21:51:15 EDT

     I got the message below from a member of Hem-Gathering-1.  This fellow
lives in central Finland, near the city of Jyvaskyla.  This looks like Iris
albicans to me.  What do you all think?  Since I am set nomail due to
unreliable computer and server, please respond privately.

<< does this Iris look familiar to you? I have been growing a plant that I
 have got with the name Iris albicans. It has got some troubles with our
 winter but is getting along without any winter protection. It is a fine
 plant with a pleasant odour. >>

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida, USA
USDA Zone 8b        Sunset Zone 28