RE: a siberian by any other name..zzzzzz

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] a siberian by any other name..zzzzzz
  • From: "Harold Peters" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:27:25 -0700

There were a number of tests to help determine whether the gardener was advanced or obsessive. The only other  one I remember is that the obsessive gardener roots for the deer hunter while watching Bambi. That would probably be the definitive test even if you call him Cory.
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Harold, I guess I'm guilty as charged. A teacher friend gave me a common yellow pseudocorus that has its first bloom on it now. Could I back away from the obsession a bit if I call him "Cory" instead?    ;-)

Bill Wells

Harold Peters wrote:
One way to distinguish between an advance gardener and an obsessive gardener is that the obsessive garden not only knows the Latin names for their plants but also uses the Latin names in their conversations with the plants.
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762