[PHOTO] Visit to Neil Mogensen | Wed, 28 May 2003 15:57:23" />

[PHOTO] Visit to Neil Mogensen

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Visit to Neil Mogensen
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:54:45 -0400

Thoroughly enjoyed a trip to NC to visit Neil M yesterday - here he is,
living proof of the toughness of irisarians.  We went to help him dig
irises but couldn't stop him from doing a lot of the digging himself.

The other photo is one Neil wanted me to post as a warning - what
happens when Linda comes to visit <g>  It doesn't show too well in the
photo, but the trunk is full of plants.

Most of the irises were past peak bloom, but this very nice dark plicata
was about at peak, and first caught my eye in Neil's bed of newly
aquired irises not because of the bloom, but because of the overall
health of the plant.  Excessive rain after a rough winter had not been
kind to the irises, but this one looked good and is now on my wish
list.  CHARLESTON by Keppel.

The other plant in that bed that looked above average is SKYLARK'S SONG
- I think that's a Schriener iris.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/2gGylB/TM